Wednesday, August 02, 2006

RootsMagic

I am feel like a giddy teenager, granted I am in my twenties, but I havent felt this excited about something in a long time! I have been using PAF (Persoanl Ancestral File) for a while now, and while it is GREAT - especially since it is free and fairly easy to use, there are limitations to it that I at times get frustrated with.

At the BYU Family History Conference yesterday I saw a few different genealogy programs/data managers for sale and I was at a loss as to which I should purchase! Most of the companies had their products on sale, so the fact that they were the same price didn't help my indescision. I decided to attend the demo of RootsMagic and I was amazed! I asked many questions about applications and differencescompared to PAF and just listened in awe. My smile and joy increased with the minutes of the presentation!

So, today when I went to the second day of the conference I bought this great software.
I think it will be the first time that I actually read the manual for anything - I want to make sure I get the maximum benefits from it. For anyone who is interested in trying out this software you can actually download a free trial version (no credit card needed) and see for yourself how wonderful this program is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? - To truely live in the present we must first understand our past and where we come from -